Saturday, May 16, 2009

HealthCare could be better...

As a Kaiser patient ordering from their mail order pharmacy involved logging in to the website and entering some information about the prescription I wanted filled and my credit card number. Since their docs enter the prescriptions in their system the pharmacy fills it and sends it to me.

Now that I have Aetna I have to go to my doctor, give them a form, which they fax to Aetna, and then I send Aetna a payment, and then Aetna sends me the medicine. The Chipotle add that says "1984 called and they want their fax machine back" comes to mind.

Thankfully our health care system gives me "choices" and since my employer dropped Kaiser I got to choose Aetna. I think Aetna is typical and Kaiser is the exception with regards to computerized records and I find this amazing (in a bad way).

No comments: