Sunday, March 7, 2010

avoid Born shoes, HHBrown, and shoebuy.com

at the risk of becoming just a consumer experience blog i have a rant....

I'm quite frustrated with Born Shoes and their parent company HHBrown. I had a pair of Borns that I loved. They lasted about 6 years--looked good, very comfortable. So when they fell apart I ordered another pair of the same model and size. When they arrived they didn't fit. After exchanging them they sort of fit but not well. And the new pair were of much lower quality--the seams were not well finished from the start and the stitching started pulling out after about 5 wearings. The place I purchased them (shoebuy.com) did not allow me to return them because they had been worn. I started a correspondance with HHBrown who indicated that they would replace the shoes. After a few weeks trading emails with their customer service rep they stopped replying to me. I started back with their customer service website and NO RESPONSE at all. Needless to say I am not pleased at having paid a premium for these shoes when the company fails to stand behind them. I intend to avoid Born shoes, HBrown, and shoebuy.com in the future and recommend you do the same.

<\rant>

No comments: