Saturday, November 8, 2008

Firefox vs Safari

I am not looking to write the definitive guide. I don't even consider myself a browser afficianado. But I do dabble and now I am finding that I forget why I choose one over the other.

I use Firefox as my day to day browser for a few reasons:
  • phishing filter (no longer after Safari 3.2)
  • adblock plus
  • renders more sites correctly than safari
  • force windows to open in tabs
  • all my stuff (history, bookmarks, etc) are already there
  • center click in safari doesn't open a background tab
  • clicking on an RSS feed adds it to google reader (could I get Safari to behave this way?)
  • when you cut and paste something into blogger it works on Firefox but not for Safari
Of course Safari has some things going for it too:
  • respects the home/end key fix to make home go to beginning of line and end go to the end of the line

No comments: